Sunday, April 17, 2011

Last night, I must have passed out at some point...

We had a fantastic day yesterday. The shop was busy, our piercer Torin was there, we got to see some folks we like, and we had delicious mexican food for lunch. I finished my last tattoo about 5:30, and the Long Jon tattooed on me for a few hours. He finished up most of my neck which I will show when it's finished. It didn't really even hurt that bad so it was a great day. Torin even brought me a cannoli.
      When we got through with work, we headed over to Star Valley to Kelly's. Hardride was playing so we were excited cuz there's not a lot of nightlife around here. We showed up like 8:30, and there were not many people in the bar. The band was still doing a sound check so I thought it was just kinda early for a crowd. We said hello to Anna, and ordered us up some drinks. Jon asked the bartender what the band was drinking and he said "They've been drinking water all night". So Jon replied "Gimme four Budweisers." Thats when it started. Hardride was on fire. Every song they played was a good one and they didn't hold back. The bar started to bet a little busier and the crowd, though small was way into the show. They were dancing and singing and when they cheered it sounded like there were a hundred people in there. They also started buying the band shots. Then Jon bought them shots. Then Jon bought us shots, and more drinks. By the time the night was over, the band finished, and the crowd screamed for an encore. They even held up lighters. As we were all leaving, some guy tried to start a fight with Jon. That didn't really work so well.

We got in the band trailer and we were driven a few hundred yards to the hotel where those guys had a room. Of course after being in the trailer for a little while, they needed more beer, and of course munchies. Dan and Johnny went to the gas station and came back with fruit and donuts and beef jerky and on and on. We sat around the room a while, and I started to sober up. We laughed our asses off a while, and then I decided I could drive while Jon insisted we sleep on the floor in the room. Having a fresh tattoo on my neck made that indoor outdoor carpet look less than fantastic, so I promised them all that we would drive home fine and call them when we got home or when we got to jail.
   We made it home, but I never did call because I lost my phone, and I was so tired I didn't care at all. I thought great, no phone calls! Come this morning, Anna let Jon know she has my phone, but she took it to Phoenix. I can't use it there but at least it's ok. Unfortunately, all the video I took was in my phone so I will save it for another time.
So that brings us to today. We stopped back by the bar after waking up and getting used to the hangover. We checked to see if Anna had left my phone there, but no it's in phoenix. Three of the dudes that were in the bar last night were already there again and well into their drinks. They all knew us too and was either awesome, or kinda bad but I liked it. We decided to go down by where our new house is, and noticed a garage sale. We stopped and met a nice lady and she sold us some cool stuff for cheap, including a Black Crowes CD. We played it the rest of the day. Next, we saw another sale, and pulled in there. The property was a trailer with a small "store". They had a decent washer and dryer out front and the lady said she wanted 50 bucks for the pair. We decided to think it over. When we returned, her husband came out to greet us, and he asked what we needed. We told him we would give him $35 for the washer and dryer. He went to ask his wife. Then a teenage boy came out and said "she said you can have em for $25". We couldn't really argue with that, plus we didn't understand this style of bargaining. The boy helped Jon load them into the truck, while the dad told me all about being abducted by aliens and where he knew some gold was buried and his near death experiences. It kicked ass. Now Jon is fishing in the park until the sun goes down not a bad weekend at all.

3 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I am semi rigid from reading this, but I am fully jealous. Fighting, shopping, drinking and alien abductions! I thought I had a great day but hell lady, you just put it to shame! Great read!

    Just so the world knows, that magical, incredible work of art photo at the top of the page was shot by my wife while in "blow job" position in our truck, man she is a multi tasker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlin', I am hooked on your blog. Can I come visit???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Heyltje you can come visit any time. I would love to be able to say you were with me when I get into trouble!

    ReplyDelete